Terms & Conditions
This website is operated and owned by the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers ("CAAV").
The CAAV takes the security and privacy of its' members data seriously. Data is held on our central membership database, with basic contact data being held by any Local Association to which you are affiliated. Only authorised CAAV staff have access to the central CAAV membership database and are permitted to make alterations to anyinformation held on that database. Any data we have published on the CAAV website has been supplied directly by our members and includes:
- Professional qualifications
- Business address
- Business telephone number
- Mobile telephone number (if supplied)
- Business fax number
- E-mail address (if supplied)
In addition, within our members' database we hold details of your website password, membership status, to include membership number, membership history and date of birth. This information has been supplied by our members and is updated when members issue written notification of any change to the details.
This information is used to provide Members with:
- CAAV mail outs, for example: CAAV AGM & Conference, Local Association events, News Letter, notification of examination results, relevant publications, technical up-dates, etc
- Administration of Council and Committees
- Internal record keeping
Occasionally, if felt appropriate, members' data may be provided to a relevant third party wishing to carry out a professional mail out around CAAV members. This data is provided unless a CAAV member has specifically indicated that he/she does not wish their details to be disclosed. The details provided to the third party includenames, professional qualifications and addresses, however e-mail addresses are not provided for this purpose. If you would prefer to have your details withheld from such third parties please inform us in writing at:
The Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV)
Harts Barn Farmhouse,
Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act you have certain rights regarding the information which we hold about you which include:
- A right to entitle you to request that we cease to provide your details to third parties wishing to direct mail CAAV members.
- A right to access any personal data held by us. Any such request must be put in writing to the above address giving details of the information we hold about you and the purpose for which it is held. It should be noted that should you request the disclosure of such information, a fee of £10 will be payable for the provision of the information.
For further information regarding your rights under Data Protection
Information Commissioner's Office,
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
© The Central Association of Agricultural Valuers (CAAV)
The text, graphics and information provided on the CAAV website is the copyright of the CAAV, unless expressly stated to the contrary. The CAAV grants permission for parts of the CAAV website to be downloaded and printed in hard copy provided it is only for personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of materials, including but not limited to the reproduction, incorporation or transmission of the whole or any part of the CAAV website in any form or by any means, whether photocopying, electronic media or any other form, is prohibited unless the prior written permission of the CAAV has been obtained. Such permission can be requested by contacting email@example.com
Third party sites
A "cookie" is a small amount of text data given to a web browser by a web server. The data is stored and returned to the specific web server each time the browser requests a page from that server. The main purpose of cookies is to pass a unique identifier to the website so that the website can keep track of the user as they step through a website. We use a "persistent" cookie (which stays in the browser for long periods of time) to allow us to remember your identity following your first log-in if you have agreed to such use by ticking the "Remember Me" box. This type of cookie is used to allow you to log-on automatically and have instant access to members' material each time you visit, unless the cookie is de-activated. If you do not wish to use this facility you must leave the "Remember Me" box unticked when you first log in. PLEASE NOTE: We would recommend that if you are utilising a public computer you leave the "Remember Me" box unticked to prevent unauthorised access to the Members' area of the website.
Terms & Conditions of Use
The following terms and conditions cover your use of the CAAV Website and the information contained therein. By continuing to use the CAAV Website you are indicating your agreement to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety and without change. The CAAV reserves the right to amend any of these Terms and Conditions and any such amendments will be notified on the CAAV Website.
- The information provided on the CAAV Website is intended as guidance only. None of the material provided on the CAAV Website is intended to be legal or professional advice and as such none of the information provided should be acted upon by users without them verifying the information and obtaining their own legal/ professional advice. Any of the information provided may be updated or altered without prior notice.
- The CAAV makes no warranties or representations of any kind regarding the CAAV Website or any of the information contained therein and expressly disclaims all such warranties or representations pertaining to suitability, accuracy or completeness for any purpose of any of the information in whatever form published on the CAAV website. The CAAV accepts no liability for any inaccuracies however they may have arisen and neither the CAAV nor any of its members, officers, employees or other representatives accept any liability for any damage or loss arising from or in connection with the use of the CAAV Website.
- Whilst the CAAV takes reasonable endeavours to prevent viruses being included within the CAAV Website, no guarantees can be made that the CAAV Website is virus free and the CAAV does not accept any liability, whether resulting indirectly or directly from use of the CAAV Website, for any sort of damage experienced by users
- No liability is accepted by the CAAV regarding any third party sites, and the contents of any such third party sites, which may be accessed via the CAAV Website.