The Peel Group - Cheshire/Lancashire - Rural Surveyor
The Peel Group
CHESHIRE/LANCASHIRE – BASED TRAFFORD CENTRE
The Peel Group is a leading infrastructure, transport and real estate enterprise in the UK with assets in excess of £5bn. The Group holds significant investments in a number of growing businesses including ports, airports, media, energy, land, developments, investment property, environmental assets, hotels, utilities and advertising, as well as a portfolio of investments in quoted companies of around £500m.
• An opportunity has arisen for a commercially aware Rural Chartered Surveyor to assist the Group Land Agent and team in the provision of land agency services to the Group.
• Key requirement is to have experience of managing, monitoring and maximising the value of the rural element of their 30,000 acre national property portfolio.
• You will be assisting with large development projects including residential, logistics, employment and energy schemes. You will work as part of a large team including consultants from all disciplines.
• You will have the opportunity to bring forward smaller schemes with their in-house planning team. This may include conversions, subdivisions, extensions and leisure schemes such as an adrenaline village leisure park.
• You will help to support and train Assistant Land Agents and help to co-ordinate them in the day to day management of the portfolio.
• The ideal candidate will have achieved MRICS status through the rural pathway and have a minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience, although applications are invited from part qualified through to established, qualified professionals.
• Experience as a member of a team bringing forward large and small scale, mixed use development schemes from planning to inception.
• A background in land agency/rural estate management would be a distinct advantage.
• The successful applicant must be personable and empathetic as they will need to engage closely with tenants, purchasers, vendors and other stakeholders.
• Commercial awareness, capable of creative thinking and an eye for detail.
Please apply to Nathan Wakelam, enclosing a full CV together with current remuneration details to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 93668. Alternatively call Nathan on 0161 607 5089 for a confidential discussion. You can also apply online at www.macdonaldandcompany.com