Sotterley Estate - Suffolk - Estate Director
Highly Attractive Package
Exceptional opportunity to take commercial control of a 4,000 acre diversified rural Estate encompassing farming, property management and development, energy and sporting interests as well as providing the opportunity to create new income streams.
With generational change having taken place, the family is looking to appoint a highly driven Estate Director with technically strong farming expertise as well as a wider commercial and strategic experience to drive the business forward and ensure its continued long-term success.
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of the Estate’s wide-ranging business interests with a view to evaluating and developing new profitable enterprises to ensure its long-term sustainability.
- Continue to build on the profitable arable enterprise which has a long-term focus on soil management, sustainable production and a desire to continue with the current 12m controlled traffic farming system.
- Lead and develop the Estate Management team. Ensure each business line is financially viable and meets, if not exceeds its annual targets and longer term objectives.
- Act as an Ambassador for Sotterley to ensure positive working relationships with the local and wider community. Manage external stakeholders including commercial partners, professional agents and local authority representatives.
- A strategic thinker. Commercially astute, financially literate and technically sound. Experienced in managing diverse business operations, with a track record for delivering consistent growth in profits.
- Ability to deliver positive farming results through proven practical experience while building on the Estate’s ethos of increasing the long-term sustainability and productivity of its land.
- Empathy for the countryside and a broad range of rural operations, with strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team.
- Character and personality to deal with a wide spectrum of stakeholders with good grace, patience and humour.
FIND OUT MORE
There is much more to learn about the role, the business and the benefits. If you would like to discuss with a consultant, then please contact Hanover Fox on Tel: +44 (0)20 7917 9456.
To apply, please either visit www.hanoverfox.com/candidates/ or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference L075 and enclosing a covering letter and full salary details.