Matfen Estates - Northumberland - Estate Manager
Job Added: 24 March 2017
0116 259 6533 or 07721 437 085
Competitive Salary, House and Vehicle
Maften Estates is a traditional agricultural estate in Northumberland which extends to over 5000 acres surrounding Matfen Hall Hotel and has been owned by the Blackett family for many generations.
An interesting opportunity has arisen, as part of a succession plan, to oversee the day to day running of the Estate which includes a growing in-hand farming operation as well as the maintenance of its property portfolio which includes tenanted and contract farmland, let residential properties, commercial lets, managed woodland, renewable energy and sporting interests.
Responsibility for the day to day management of all enterprises on the Estate reporting directly to the owners which will include:
• Overseeing the maintenance and good presentation of the Estate
• Efficient integration of all estate enterprises. Explore new income streams.
• Overseeing the in-hand farming operation and where necessary getting involved on a practical basis.
• Co-ordinating building projects
• Managing the Estate team which includes staff from all areas of the business
• A practical person, hands-on with common sense
• A team leader able to motivate and work alongside staff, approachable and able to communicate at all levels
• Experience of building maintenance and project management an advantage
• Knowledge and experience of the agricultural industry
• Good IT skills and the ability to prepare and operate to an agreed budget
For more information about this exciting opportunity and a confidential discussion please contact Helen Astill on 0116 259 6533 or 07721 437 085 or by email to email@example.com.