A varied role for a private rural estate 5 miles west of Peterborough, dealing with the management of a range of residential and commercial properties. The position involves carrying out viewings, negotiating tenancies, organising contracts and carrying out inventories. Keeping the rent programme up to date, carrying out rent reviews plus supervising and organising routine maintenance using in-house labour and sub-contractors as required.
An interesting and challenging role requiring good interpersonal and computer skills. Previous letting experience essential, qualified applicant preferable but not essential (RICS, ARLA)
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Elton Hall is a large Grade 1 Historic House which has been in the Proby family since 1660.
The Hall is surrounded by formal gardens, parkland, woods and farmland. The Estate has a range of residential, commercial and farming properties. For details visit www.eltonhall.com
The village of Elton
The village of Elton lies on the B671 road with easy access to the A605 and A1. It is within easy reach of Oundle and Peterborough. There is a regular bus service.
The village boasts a fine Church, a primary school, a Loch Fyne restaurant, two public houses, a post office, and many small business units. There is a garden centre with a café next to Elton Hall.
This newly created position offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a busy family run business, assisting with the running of the Estate. The role is very diverse, encompassing a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities and will best suit someone with a flexible and pro-active approach.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work alone and as part of a team are essential.
The position is full time and will require occasional evening and weekend work.
You must be trustworthy, honest and efficient and able to work under pressure.
It is essential that you hold a full UK driving licence and are fluent in English and are a non smoker.
Salary and start date are negotiable
The responsibilities for the role include (but are not limited to):
• Responding to all maintenance requests from tenants. Inspecting the property and arranging for either the in-house maintenance staff to carry out the repair or arranging for a contractor to quote and deal with the problem.
• Establishing and maintaining procedures for regular property inspection and maintenance.
• Establishing and maintaining procedures for regular annual grazing and allotment inspection.
• Preparing Letting particulars for vacant properties, including organising EPC’s and arranging appropriate internet and newspaper advertising.
• Handling all enquiries relating to properties and carrying out viewings by prospective tenants.
• Handling applications from prospective tenants, taking references, making credit checks and negotiating new leases.
• Preparing all documentation associated with a new tenancy including the agreement and inventory.
• Checking in new tenants and ensuring that the deposit is handled correctly.
• Ensuring tenants are aware of their obligations and comply with them, based on regular property (including garden) inspections every six months.
• At the end of the tenancy checking out the tenant and agreeing the deposit to be repaid.
• Managing renovation works. Getting estimates from contractors and working to an agreed budget. Ensuring the works are finished on time.
• Establishing a weekly/monthly maintenance works programmes for the in-house maintenance team ensuring that all works are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ensuring that an annual planned maintenance programme is carried out including external decorations in conjunction with the maintenance team and external decorators. Arranging quotes and monitoring the work in accordance with agreed budget and time scales.
• Assisting the directors in negotiating and issuing leases and licences.
• Maintaining procedures to deal with all compliance issues (H&S, DDA, etc.).
• Maintaining the Estates electronic property terrier ensuring it is accurate and up to date.
• Managing the property filing systems, & archiving.
• Help generally with the smooth running of the office, answering the phone and visitors to the estate.
• Stand in for office colleagues as necessary.
To carry out other tasks that are consistent with the aims of the post.
To apply please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org