Carter Jonas - Leeds - Energy Specialist Surveyor
An exciting opportunity for graduate or qualified surveyors to join our well established specialist energy & infrastructures team based in Leeds. A varied and interesting role assisting with all energy & infrastructure development matters, from site identification and assessment, land assembly and negotiation, development strategy advice, planning & project management, site promotion, due diligence, valuation and brokerage.
• Develop contacts, sites and schemes in conjunction with other team members and undertaking professional consultancy and project management work in own right.
• Landowner identification and land assembly for energy and infrastructure projects.
• Drafting and negotiation of heads of terms, and option & lease agreements.
• Identification of suitable access and grid wayleave routes, assessing alternative routes, and negotiation of suitable legal rights.
• Assist with identifying and delivering/referring/executing brokerage opportunities.
• Screening of potential energy development sites, particularly peak power generation / energy storage sites.
• Preparation, submission and management of grid connection applications, and liaison with network operators to secure favourable grid connections.
• Valuation of all forms of energy projects and sites in accordance with client instructions and RICS Valuation Standards.
• Detailed due diligence assessments of projects for lending, investment and acquisition purposes.
• Financial and client reporting.
• Stakeholder liaison and project management of external consultants and developers.
• Drafting of press releases/articles, and attendance at industry shows/events to promote and develop business.
• Participation in the ongoing development and implementation of an effective profit centre business plan developed in-line with the Carter Jonas vision.
• Liaison with in-house teams i.e. commercial, rural and planning & development colleagues and cross selling of other Carter Jonas services to clients and contacts.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
• Relevant post qualification experience
• Sound understanding of energy technologies and the various technical and environmental constraints
• A background of rural practice
• Good working knowledge of relevant legislation
• Sound project management and business development skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Competent with MS Office
• Actively seeks out continuous self-development, broadening knowledge and experience
• Full UK driving licence
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
• Land assembly and compensation
• Experience of delivering and managing multiple projects
• Relationship Management
• Commercial Acumen
• Organisation Skills
• Business Development
• Approachable – We treat every relationship with respect, integrity and warmth
• Effective – We do what we say we will, we do it well and we’re accountable
• Ambitious – We are ambitious for our clients and for our firm
We offer a great team environment, with the opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge and reach your potential. The salary and benefits package is highly competitive including 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) pension scheme, the ability to earn bonus and an annual salary review.
To apply https://careers.carterjonas.co.uk/vacancies.html