Berrys - Shrewsbury - Graduate Rural Surveyor
Berrys is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners and property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK in Northamptonshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire and Cheshire, but covering a much wider area – ranging from Manchester in the North, to Berkshire in the South. The firm has a strong reputation both locally and regionally for providing high quality professional advice.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an individual who has recently completed an RICS accredited degree or postgraduate study.
The successful candidate will take on a varied role in a busy office of an expanding firm of chartered surveyors. They will be responsible for assisting an office partner and working within a team with tasks including valuations, compensation claims, property sales and lettings, estate management and professional work.
Responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Assisting surveyors and valuers with completion of jobs including site visits, viewings, records of condition, and report writing.
- Assisting with tasks related to a range of professional work including valuations, estate management and property sales and lettings.
- Attending internal and client meetings.
- Liaising with clients, contractors and colleagues.
Good salary and terms available, and formal training will be offered.
- A practical understanding of property, land, business and agriculture.
- Ability and confidence in dealing with clients in a professional manner.
- Excellent organisational, communication and IT skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Own transport, insured for business use.
- Related work experience desired but not essential.
You will have excellent career prospects and the opportunity to become an integral part of the business within a highly successful and motivated team. The role sits within a friendly and supportive team with good career opportunities.
Salary: Competitive salary, plus participation in Berrys discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme. Relevant training, professional subscriptions and membership fees will be paid by Berrys.
Training: Relevant training, the exam entrance fees and your RICS and CAAV subscriptions and membership fees will be paid.
You will be allotted a Training Principal to agree and implement a training programme to support, review and appraise the agreed course and ensure the development of the relevant skills.
We operate a Training Academy for all trainees across the firm, to create a supportive network through use of video-conferencing and face-to-face meetings with other APC candidates.
If required, opportunities will be offered to spend time in other offices and departments to ensure you have the opportunity to gain wide experience across all core areas of work
Continuous Professional Development: A range of CPD opportunities will be provided appropriate for your needs, including external courses, seminars and events, and internal training and conferences
Healthcare Scheme: Membership of a healthcare cashplan after one year’s service, and voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year and a day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
Pension Scheme: Workplace pension scheme operated through NEST
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a covering letter to Kate Evans.